Friday, May 07, 2010

Energy snacks

It has been my experience that energy snacks suck.  In their attempts to be healthy, they have failed miserably to be tasty. And don't even talk to me about the consistency.  Energy bars, energy gel, yuck.  Give me a Snickers bar (although they don't do heat too well, do they?).

Well, I'm happy to report that the energy snack people may actually be figuring taste and consistency out.  This past weekend, we stumbled upon several winners.

First, there's Clif Shot Bloks.  They're rather like square gummy bears.  I recommend Strawberry, Mountain Berry and Black Cherry in that order.

Next, Clif Luna Sport Moon Energy Chews.  These are crescent moon shaped energy chews (again, think gummy bears but bigger).  I liked the blueberry.

But my favorite by far are the PowerBar Raspberry Gel Blast Energy Chews.  Chewier than the Shot Bloks or Moon Chews with a sweet/tart raspberry burst, these little guys rock.  Yum.  
They all make energy snacking during physical activity a much more pleasant experience.  

And, no, I didn't get any sort of remuneration for touting these products.  Not even free samples, although I guess you can get free samples of my favorite directly from PowerBar.  I haven't tried it so I don't know the details.

No comments: