Friday, November 20, 2009

Sold out

I say it often but we're spoiled in Aspen, especially when it comes to seeing movies.  There were only a handful of people in the audience for the last two movies that I saw at the Isis, Men Who Stare at Goats and Disney's A Christmas Carol and that's the norm.  Although sometimes our selection is rather limited, we get the experience of the big screen without all the annoyances of crowded theaters.

Not tonight.

I knew that with New Moon premiering, there would be sell-outs at the Isis but I didn't think that the Blind Side would also be in that category.  What I didn't bank on was that the entire Aspen High School football team would be in attendance.  They're hosting a state high school playoff tomorrow so had their entire evening scheduled for them by the coach and one event on their schedule was to see The Blind Side.

And yet, the audience was fairly well behaved.  The people behind us moved around a bit more than I liked and there were a couple of talkers but overall, not much to complain about.  I do have to say that I think the heating/cooling system is unused to so many bodies in one place as it was uncomfortably toasty in the theater by the end of the movie.

Oh, and the movie?  Quite good. 

No comments: