Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Getting Motivated



What with this time of year's incredibly short days, it seems like it's always dark whenever I'm not at work.

I walk to work when the sun has barely shown its face and I leave work when it's already gone to bed.

I also have a habit of getting way too sucked into work while I'm there, to the point that I find it basically impossible to even muster the energy to get out during lunch time or at any point during the day.  Once I'm at work, I'm at work and I rarely venture out.

This means that during this time of year, my life is led in the dark.

In an attempt to alleviate this state of darkness, today, I took Steve's Nikon D40x SLR to work with me, hoping that it might entice me to leave my office during the daylight hours to take some photos for my other blog, Aspen Daily Photo.

No such luck but between the camera and a timely article in the Aspen Times, I was inspired to stop on the way home (or more accurately, go out of my way) to photograph the holiday window display at the Louis Vuitton store.  I even made Steve act as my model by asking him to stroll through my photo to add the human element.


At least this way, I made a stop before going straight home from work and throwing on my comfy clothes . . .

No comments: