Monday, September 15, 2008

The Women

It got pretty crappy reviews (except from Roger Ebert for some reason) and it never really connected with me but Rachel really liked it and I really liked the moral she took away from it.

She told her friend that rather than showing that a strong woman doesn't need a man, it made the point that you can still be strong and have a man.

Rachel also really liked Jada Pinkett Smith's turn as the lesbian friend, especially during the birth scene.

I enjoyed the cast and the fact that there wasn't a single male in it. Since we knew in advance that there were no men in the movie, we were very aware of it throughout but I'm not sure that we would have noticed it otherwise.

Or at least, I think it would have taken us quite a while to figure it out.

No comments: