Thursday, July 24, 2008

Santa Fe School of Cooking

I took a cooking class yesterday at the Santa Fe School of Cooking.

It was a demonstration class on New Mexican cooking.

As a born & bred Midwesterner, I have a bit of a conservative palate. Although I've gotten more adventuresome as I've gotten older, spicy foods still scare me.

But what did Mary Schmich say? Do one thing every day that scares you.

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, you should google her name with that phrase. Or just click here.)

What was I talking about? Oh, yeah, scary food.

Boy, was it good! Each course better than the last. Most of it not spicy at all and none of it overwhelmingly spicy.

Yum.

So, here's the menu they cooked and served:

Traditional New Mexican III:

Classic New Mexican Green Chile Stew, Blue Corn and Green Chile Muffins, PiƱon Butter, Quesadillas, Salsa Fresca and Rich Natillas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mouth's watering.