Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Car alarms should be banned!

I have never heard a car alarm going off because someone was breaking into a car.

I have often heard car alarms going off because of malfunctions. In fact, the only time I've heard car alarms going off is because of malfunctions.

I had a car which I bought used which came with a car alarm. The really nice feature about this car alarm was that it sounded every time it rained really hard. So not only was I annoying my neighbors, often in the middle of the night, but I had to run outside in the pouring rain to deal with it.

I disabled that bad boy forever.

The other day, my neighbor's car alarm went off every few minutes for what seemed like hours (but was probably closer to a half hour or so) because he had gotten his key fob wet rafting. Poor guy was out in the parking lot with his head under the hood trying to disable the damn thing as it kept sounding off. He'd silence it, then the key fob would short and he'd practically bang his head on the raised hood trying to grab the key fob and find the button again.

Just turn it off, for good.

Photo Credit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right they don't go off when a car's getting stolen.

I don't think I've ever heard one in Asia. I doubt anyone has one. In L.A. they were going off constantly.