Friday, July 25, 2008

10,000 Waves

After much prodding from Steve, I visited this spa yesterday afternoon.

Set in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains near Ski Santa Fe, the spa makes the most of its setting with outdoor pools and bathhouses nestled in the hills.

You can show up without reservations to use the women's or communal onsen pools or schedule a massage or spa treatment or even stay in their Japanese ryokan inspired lodging.

I called ahead and booked a 55 minute therapeutic massage which also gave me access to the women's and communal pools. In addition, I had use of a wonderful outdoor waterfall seating area and the relaxation room. I showed up early for my massage in order to relax in the pools and stayed for quite a while afterwards also.

Long enough that I got caught in an intense rain shower while enjoying the outdoor women's pool. It was quite a unique experience, soaking in the hot pool while a cool rain splashed down around me.

Highly recommended.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yuo needed to be prodded??