Monday, May 22, 2006

Unsupported image type specified (must be JPEG or GIF)

Technology is wonderful. I enjoy my computer and am amazed by how often during the day I turn to Google to satisfy some curiosity. But, for all of the time saving benefits of technology, I certainly waste a lot of time trying to make it work. Between my home network, my inter- and intra-office networks and my internet connections, it seems like there's always some glitch.

My present glitch which has consumed approximately an hour of my time over two days is trying to add a photo to my profile. Every time I jump through all of the hoops to upload a jpg file and add it to my profile, I get an error message telling me I'm not using a jpg file. Oh, but I am, again and again.

My husband knows better than to tell me about a computer glitch unless he's prepared to give over his computer for however long it will take me to puzzle out the solution. God forbid we have somewhere to be. I'm stubborn about these things and generally eventually I get it figured out.

So, I'm not done with this glitch. How much time will I invest in this issue before I either succeed or give up?

2 comments:

IamMBB said...

All done.

Writer Girl said...

Spaz attack much!!!!! Don't worry I love you anyway!!!
Darling Daughter