Sunday, May 28, 2006

Seven years

Seven years ago this weekend, I moved here. I gave away almost everything I owned and packed the rest in a Uhaul trailer. I rented a cabin sight unseen (well, there were photos) and drove out here to start anew.

Why? There wasn't any particular catalyst. I had been living in the Chicago suburbs for almost 7 years at that point, quite near to where I grew up. I had had the same job for 6 years but that was about to change.

I basically back into big change. For the second time in my life, I retracted my acceptance of a new job to chuck it all and move across the country. First, 700 miles from Maryland to Chicago, then 1200 miles from Chicago to Aspen. I start thinking about changing my employment and, I don't know, decide the change isn't big enough. Next thing I know, I'm changing my time zone.

2 comments:

Writer Girl said...

Not so long now. Ha ha!! I vin (the spelling "mistake" was intentional)!! You're right when you make a change it is a big one. Now, stop because it makes me mad.
Darling Daughter

Anonymous said...

Bravo! Let's hear it for big changes!