Thursday, May 25, 2006

Imitation as flattery or laziness?

So, here I go copying from my friend's blog, Ruined for Life, again.

I took the Enneagram Test even tho I really have no idea what it is. I had the most indicators (8) for Type 8 so according to them, I'm a Type 8. But I had almost as many indicators (7) for Type 1. So, what does that mean?

Like the European city thing, I appear to be hard to pigeon-hole.

Enneagram
free enneagram test


Type Eight
The Challenger
The powerful, aggressive type. Eights are self-confident, strong, and assertive. Protective, resourceful, straight-talking, and decisive, but can also be ego-centric and domineering. Eights feel they must control their environment, especially people, sometimes becoming confrontational and intimidating. Eights typically have problems with their tempers and with allowing themselves to be vulnerable. At their Best: self-mastering, they use their strength to improve others' lives, becoming heroic, magnanimous, and inspiring.

Enneagram
free enneagram test


Type One
The Reformer
The principled, idealistic type. Ones are conscientious and ethical, with a strong sense of right and wrong. They are teachers, crusaders, and advocates for change: always striving to improve things, but afraid of making a mistake. Well-organized, orderly, and fastidious, they try to maintain high standards, but can slip into being critical and perfectionistic. They typically have problems with resentment and impatience. At their Best: wise, discerning, realistic, and noble. Can be morally heroic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How does it feel to be hard to pidgeon hole? I sort of strive for that and find it fun. (Though there can be a downside.

I once took a course in the Enneagram and can see you as a very healthy 8. Are these "courses" for vanity or "self-knowledge"? I hope self-knowledge, but who am I kidding.