Monday, March 15, 2010

Feelin' nostalgic

A couple of weeks ago, Steve and I were listening to Sirius 70s on 7 on our way up to ski at Snowmass when they played The Partridge Family's I Think I Love You.  I then had a little parking lot moment (think NPR's Driveway Moments) in which I remembered every word of a song that I haven't heard in something like 30+ years.

This past Saturday, I was working with my iPod on shuffle when Neil Diamond's version of He Ain't Heavy ...He's My Brother shuffled on through and made me miss the Osmonds' version.

In a somebody stop me compulsion due to a complete lack of willpower,  iTunes' ease of purchase and its Genius recommendations, I am now the somewhat sheepish owner of the following music:

Come On Get Happy - The Partridge Family
I Think I Love You - The Partridge Family
Point Me in the Direction of Albuquerque - The Partridge Family
I Can Feel Your Heartbeat - The Partridge Family
One Bad Apple - The Osmonds
He Ain't Heavy ... He's My Brother - The Osmonds
Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves - Cher
Indian Reservation - Paul Revere and the Raiders
and Helen Reddy's Greatest Hits (including such mainstays as I Am Woman, I Don't Know How to Love Him, Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress), Delta Dawn and Angie Baby).

I have now made not one but two Genius playlists, one based on I Think I Love You and one based on I Am Woman . . .

No comments: