Monday, March 03, 2008

Spiderman 2

Not so much.

I really had to suffer through this one, especially the first half.

I almost turned it off. Why didn't I? Morbid curiosity? I wanted to see if there was any redemption in store.

The first half was painful. The movie was attempting to convey Peter Parker's struggles, his conflict. It succeeded only in making him pathetic. The poor Peter thing was grossly overdone and frustrating to watch.

Then the movie makers added an over the top, grisly murder scene where the villain of the movie tears up an operating room and kills multiple innocent people.

Who is their target audience? Yeah, the murder scene speaks to the adolescent boys but I'm betting that they found the plot development of the first half of the movie tedious.

As the end of the movie resorts more to the formulaic comic book plot devices, the movie became slightly more enjoyable but it never redeemed itself.

I turned off the DVD saying "Spiderman 3? No way."

No comments: