Thursday, March 13, 2008

Overoptimistic?

We're kinda old.

We're not very good at staying out late.

So we thought it would be a good idea to get tickets for Gary Mullen and the Works aka One Night of Queen on Saturday, March 15 at the Wheeler Opera House.

and for Lez Zeppelin on Sunday, March 16 at BellyUp Aspen.

and for Super Diamond on Saturday, March 22 at BellyUp Aspen.

We tried to see The Hollywood Stones last Friday at BellyUp Aspen but alas, it was sold out.

We seem to have a glut of cover bands on tap.

It does look like we're going to skip 1964 The Tribute this time around but hey, we've already seen that one.

We also decided to recently miss Appetite for Destruction and Hell's Belles.

3 comments:

Eric Wittenberg said...

Bridgie,

You sound like us. We're going to a round of geezer band concerts this spring:

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, March 24

Van Halen (until it was postponed due to Eddie falling off the wagon), originally scheduled for your birthday (not yet rescheduled).

Billy Joel, April 20.

The Police with Elvis Costello and the Impostors, May 3.

Other than 17 year old Wolfgang Van Halen, those are some old rockers. This will be my ninth Springsteen concert, dating back to 1978 (some things never change). It will be my fifth time seeing The Police (the second time was with you), and my second time seeing Billy Joel. I've never see Van Halen and am hoping I will still get to do so.

Eric

IamMBB said...

We had a Van Halen cover band last night (I didn't go since I was still recovering from a rough night out on Wed). Originally Grandmaster Flash was scheduled for last night but then cancelled for some unknown (to me) reason. I was kinda excited about him since The Message was such a part of my undergraduate experience.

Still haven't seen Bruce since I blew off his concert freshman year but I'm not really all that interested.

Southside Johnny played here in the last couple of weeks. I remember him playing at Clendenin.

When I referenced Hell's Belles, I was going to throw in a comment about how a certain ex-boyfriend of mine would probably have been really interested in seeing them.

Steve Miller Band is coming to Red Rocks in June or July.

My music industry lawyer friend was commenting in January about how long it's been since there have been any new stadium bands. No wonder we're recycling all the old ones.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're sure going to be busy. How cool that there's so much live music available so close by.