Saturday, March 15, 2008

In Bruges

I feel bad telling you anything about this movie.

Not because I didn't like or don't think you should see it.

But because I saw it knowing very little about it and thought it was great.

Really. Great.

And I want you to have the same experience.

Here's what I knew going in:

1. It's about two hitmen hiding out in Bruges awaiting instructions.

2. One of the hitmen killed a child.

3. One of the hitmen meets a drug dealer moonlighting as a movie production assistant.

4. The plot is at no point predictable.

5. The reviewers have been generally favorable.

Here's what else I'm willing to share:

1. It's very funny.

2. There's a fair amount of violence (the main characters are murderers, after all).

3. There's a fair amount of bad language.

Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson are the hitmen and Ralph Fiennes is their boss.

Go see it.

No comments: