Saturday, August 25, 2007

Tomato and Mozzarella Salad

Yum!

One pint of cherry or grape tomatoes (we found some new grape tomatoes in our grocery store called Cherubs which are especially tasty)

One container of ciligene mozzarella balls (cherry tomato sized)

1/2 to one jar of pitted Kalamata olives

Newman's own Balsamic Vinaigrette (or whatever your favorite is)

Rinse the tomatoes in a colander*.

Empty the mozzarella into the same colander (right on top of the tomatoes) to drain the liquid.

Empty the olives into the same colander (right on top of the tomatoes and cheese) to drain the liquid.

Transfer the whole mixture into a container with an airtight lid.

Add vinaigrette to taste (I generally use 1/4 to 1/3 of a bottle when I'm making a salad using the quantities above).

Close lid and gently shake to evenly coat tomatoes, cheese and olives with vinaigrette.

Enjoy!

*If I'm making this salad for company, I'll cut the tomatoes in half so that my guests don't have to chase tomatoes around with their forks. When I'm making it just for me, I omit this step since I don't mind chasing tomatoes around with my fork.

No comments: