Sunday, April 01, 2007

Ignant















as in "Rosie O'Donnell is an ignant fool."

Ignant: proudly, willfully ignorant. Holding up one's ignorance as a virtue, and using it as rhetorical and moral leverage. cf. Ignorance.

when you know you wrong.

So, college drop-out Rosie O'Donnell thinks she can hang with the big boys.

"That's retarded." (Rachel's response when I told her about the 9/11 conspiracy theories.)

O'Donnell has bought into the 9/11 conspiracy theorists' argument that it was all just a government plot and is spouting this nonsense on The View.

Now, in the past, I've really had no issue with Rosie. She can be funny, I'll give her that. I liked her in A League of Their Own. She can also be brash and abrasive but it's never bothered me.

But now, she's just being stupid and she's doing it on national television, giving credence to a whole subculture of conspiracy theorists.

But, hey, let's not let facts get in the way of a good rant.

I'm embarrassed to be on the same side of the political spectrum . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Haven't they planned to take her off the view. American discourse needs fewer blowhards from any political position.

True she's very Blue State, but she does not represent me. I think this spectrum has many planes. It's been a long time since I've studied physics or geometry and I'm sure to a purist that makes no sense.

Give the air time to someone else who's funny and progressive. There must be even more Jon Stewarts out there.