Friday, March 23, 2007

Karma?

Weird things are going my way, wholly unexpectedly.

I bought a Bluetooth from eBay. It was counterfeit. (I know, surprise!)

I reported it to Motorola and filed a protest with Paypal. Motorola replaced it for me and Paypal refunded my money.

Today, I am the owner of a free, genuine Bluetooth.

I ordered a dozen loaves of raisin bread. The bread I received wasn't what I ordered.

I tried to return it for a refund or exchange. The store doesn't have what I ordered (well then, why did they advertise it?) so they're refunding my money. But they don't want their bread back.

Today I am the owner of 12 free loaves of raisin bread.

I really wasn't trying to manipulate my way into any of this.

I wonder what number 3 is going to be . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool! What this really shows is exemplary customer service, which I thought was dead, buried and forgotten.

Last fall I got DVDs for The Office: Season 2 one was defective. Amazon.com sent me a replacement and since the postage to return them from Korea would be so high, I got to keep the discs most of which are good.