Monday, August 30, 2010

Dear Rachel - 8.30.10

Dear Rachel,

Trying to decide whether to stop at Costco.  We have 12 miles before the one in the Denver area.  Or we could go to Sam's Club.  Or Best Buy, Wal-Mart or Target.  Where's the best deal?  Not enough time to research!

We can see the mountains.

Oops.  Just drove past Costco.  It snuck up on us so we'll get off at the next exit and circle back.

Success!  We are now the proud owners of a Vizio 32 inch TV and a companion DVD/Blu Ray player (we opted now to get the 3D capability).  So now we can watch movies even if we don't have cable yet.  Who knows?  Maybe we'll discover that we've had cable all along.

Now we're climbing into the mountains.  Poor little RAV is working hard. 

We just drove by Idaho Springs where they're watering the athletic field with the fire department hook and ladder.  Ah, small towns.

I think of questions to ask you but I'll save them for phone calls or emails since I don't want to pressure you to respond to my letters.  Plus I'm not convinced you would respond by letter and I don't want to get invested in whether you do.  The letters are my no pressure gift to you.  You're welcome to respond but there's no expectation that you do so.  No guilt!  You'll have plenty of other assignments to feel guilty about.

Starbucks stop!

Tomorrow's the last day of the month and I'm going to have a bunch of work to do for month end so I'm going to have Steve get up and accompany me when I go in early to scan all the mail from the past weekend mail out the checks I cut last Tuesday.  You know, all that stuff you used to do.
Love, Mommie :-)

No comments: