Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Proposal

Recently I've been disappointed by romantic comedies. So disappointed that I found it hard to believe that I was actually watching an enjoyable romantic comedy.

Rachel and I looked at each other early on and said, "This is funny!" But I couldn't resist adding, "So far."

Well, it maintained throughout the duration.

I read that it exceeded all box office expectations in its first weekend and I can see why.

Betty White was a character, rolling her eyes and making gentle sarcastic remarks. Mary Steenburgen was genteel in her puzzlement. Sandra Bullock really does excel at the romantic comedy genre. Ryan Reynolds was a treat as a cute lovable leading man, able to pull off the put upon assistant but also able to transition to the strong masculine Alaskan.

No comments: