Friday, August 14, 2009

Unexpected

Yesterday, I was hoping that I'd be driving to Grand Junction tomorrow. Today, I'm less than pleased that I have to drive to Grand Junction tomorrow.

Instead of heading to Grand Junction to attend Obama's Colorado Town Hall, I'll now be heading there to purchase a hot water heater.

Having noticed that my hot showers have been getting shorter and shorter, I've been thinking about replacing our hot water heater for a while but before actually pulling the trigger, we had someone come take a look at it to see if it was repairable.

No such luck.

The gas company repair guy who came out today is amazed that we're still alive. It seems that our hot water heater has been pumping carbon monoxide out a hole in the ductwork into our crawl space. He turned off the hot water heater and graciously taped up the hole but only after extracting a promise from Steve to immediately replace the hot water heater and get the duct work repaired.

Ahhh, the joys of home ownership . . .

No comments: