Tofu with Basil and Red Curried Couscous
1 pkg NEAR EAST Pearled Couscous Basil & Herb
2 tbsp olive oil
1 pkg firm or extra firm tofu, pressed and cut into 1 inch cubes
1 cup eggplant, diced 1/2 inch
1 cup red pepper, dices 1/2 inch
2-1/4 cups water
2 teaspoons red curry powder
1-1/2 cups coconut milk
pinch of salt
1. In medium saucepan, heat oil on high and saute tofu, eggplant and red bell peppers. Set sauteed tofu and vegetables aside.
2. Add water to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
3. Add Pearled Couscous and Spice Sack and stir thoroughly. Bring back to a boil.
4. Simmer uncovered at a medium boil for 7 to 8 minutes.
5. Mix in curry, salt, coconut milk, vegetables and tofu. Continue simmering for 3 to 4 minutes or until pasta is tender and most of the water has evaporated (a very small amount of water should remain). Stir occasionally.
6. Remove from heat and let stand covered 4 to 5 minutes before serving. Stir well and serve immediately.
5 1/2 servings (1 cup each)